Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Here I am!

Tap...tap... tap...is this thing on?

Can you hear me now?
Can you hear me now?
Good..

Okay, so it's been a while since anyone wrote on this here waiting for Monkey blog. Why, you ask? Well, that would be my fault...

Allow me to introduce myself...

My name is Anderson James Homburg...also known around these parts as Monkey! I arrived at 9:05pm on Thursday June 11th. I shocked my parents and the doctors by weighing in at a plump 9lbs 30z. Mom says she's glad she didn't know how big I was going to be!

I've been keeping my parents busy the past couple of weeks so they haven't had time to blog. They've been trying to keep up with pictures though, so here's a quick look at a few of the things I've been up to in my first two weeks of life. I promise to be back soon with more stories and pictures. These are just the ones Mom had easy access to.
So, first, I was born. I met my mom and my dad, Dr. Kaldas and a couple of nurses. Then, I got to meet my Aunt Barb. She came right away because my parents desperately needed food. She held me while mom ate a cheeseburger and dad scarfed a big mac. Then, she used Mom's camera to take this picture. Our first as a family!


The next morning I met my Grandpa Fred. He was in Wisconsin for work and drove a little out of his way to come meet me. He is eager to take me fishing. I guess that means Mom and Dad need to buy me a fishing pole.

I actually had lots of visitors that first day in the hospital. Aunt Barb came back and she brought Brad and Angie. Toni and Jason came to introduce me to my new friend Lily. Sam Fredlake came to see us too. She's carrying a new friend of mine in her belly who I'll get to meet this fall. Later that night I got to meet the Ossmanns!

I got sprung from the hospital on Saturday, which was very exciting. Unfortunately for me, I was feeling a little yellow by Sunday morning and so Mom and Dad had to take me to the doctor. The dr said I had jaundice and so I spent the next two days chilling out on this thing. The doctors call it a billi blanket, but around here we referred to it as the baby tanning bed.

Monday was a big day. I met my pediatrician Dr Riddlehoover. Despite my sassy face, I think she's quite nice. She has three boys of her own, so I think she's pretty qualified to be my doctor.

Then, when we got home, I met my big brother Walker. Mom says he's a crazy dog, but so far he seems to be pretty happy to have me around. He guards me in my crib and makes sure Mom and Dad know if I'm crying.

Tuesday is where things started to get a little scary around here. Monday night Mom noticed I was "twitching" a few times when I was awake and alert. She decided to call the doctor on Tuesday morning and the doctor decided we should go to the hospital to get checked out. Here I am sporting a big blue bandage on my arm so I wouldn't accidentally take out my i.v. I found the bandage made a pretty good pillow.
Wednesday morning I had to have a test on my brain called an EEG. But before they could do the test I needed to be awake for 2 whole hours! That's a long time for a baby as little as me. Mom did some pretty mean things to me, like tickling my feet and playing with my legs, to keep me awake for that long.
Then it was time for me to go to sleep while they watched my brain with those 25 electrodes. While they were watching my brain I started twitching and the doctors decided my twitches are actually seizures. They put me on a special medicine that I have to take every day until I hopefully outgrow the seizures.

The doctors let me go home from the hospital on Thursday, just in time to take a one week old picture with my monkey friends! Mom and Dad want to take this picture once a week so we can watch me grow.

For my first weekend home, Mom decided to give me a bath. I thanked her by peeing all over her when she took me out and wrapped me up to dry off.
My little pee routine was quite funny to my Uncle Steve and my Grandpa Mark. They were quite proud of me for already driving Mom crazy!

Lucky for me, my mom is very forgiving and once she changed her clothes she was ready to take me to my first block party. My mom is one of 5 women on the block having a baby this summer so I will have lots of friends to play with as I grow up.
Sunday was very exciting since we got to celebrate my dad's first Father's Day! We went out for breakfast (my dad's favorite meal) and then I gave dad his gift...a deep fryer. He promises to make me lots of yummy things when I get teeth.

So far this week things have been pretty quiet. I'm learning lots of things about my new home. I spend a lot of time in Mom's arms, but when she has to put me down to do something Walker is great at cuddling with me on the bed.

And when Mom has to do some work downstairs, I get to hang out in my swing! Pretty cool, huh?

So I think that catches everyone up on my first two weeks of my life. Mom says she's hoping the next two weeks are a little more quiet. I'm not making any promises.





3 comments:

justem said...

Yayay. This is what I've been waiting for! Monkey...you are one funny little guy...keep the blog posts coming! ;)

Emily Pitts said...

that last picture is PERFECTION in pixels. what a cute boy. thanks for the picture update. i agree w/ em, keep them coming little guy!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world, little A.J. (AKA Monkey)!! It seems like you've already got this whole 'keeping my parents on their toes' thing down!