Monday, March 9, 2009

A week of getting ready for Monkey

This year, I signed up to participate in a little thing called Project 365. Basically, it involves people all around the world who are documenting 2009 by taking a photo of something in their life every day. Neat idea right? And 2009 seems the perfect year to participate since so many big things are changing for us.

Sometimes I'll find that my weeks have unintentional themes. As I looked back at the first week of March I realized most of my pictures are Monkey related. So, without further ado...here's a look at the Homburg household's week preparing for baby!


3.1.09: Packing up my scrap stuff from what is likely to be my final girls weekend before Monkey's arrival

3.2.o9: Karl is off to Minneapolis for work, but left behind signs that he's been hard at work in Monkey's room. This, my friends, is Whisper Yellow.

3.3.09: Walker hates the Fedex man, but I'm a big fan, especially when he brings Monkey's new bedding. Yes, its different than the original selection. But I love it, and it was on sale. Score!

3.4.09: Another great mail day! My super cool lime green shower invitation arrived. Do those girls know me or what?
3.5.09: Dr appt in the AM, pharmacy trip in the PM. The doctors have added a new type of insulin into my routine. Let's hear it for 4 more injections in my day. It's a good thing I'm not afraid of needles anymore.


3.6.09: Because my body likes to play tricks on me, my blood sugar actually went UP with the addition of more insulin. I was tempted to go drown my sorrows in ice cream just to see what my numbers would do. I took a long hot shower instead.
3.07.09: Weekend is here, Karl is home, and touchups are underway in Monkey's room. Totally digging the Whisper Yellow...and Karl wearing a Gator tee shirt!
3.08.09: I think Karl might be nesting. Here he is installing my Christmas present: a sink fit for washing a baby in! This was taken after he took Murphy's Oil soap to the cabinets. The kitchen is sparkling!

So there you go, we're just chugging right along here. Hard to believe that we'll be welcoming Monkey in 3 months!

No comments: